Saturday, January 13, 2007

Smiling as the Shit Comes Down

The mood at home these days has been slowly evolving from frantic paranoia and a feeling that my life that i knew and the freinds around me are moving onto bigger and better things whilst i slowly shuffle to the continous momentum of the status quo. Work is going well but i got a fright during the week when my team leader called me in for my "one on one." My team leader is a nice lady who expects the best from her team and she's happy with my progress and also that i have got on well with everyone in the team as well.

During the course of this meeting i was finding out what seemed to be my plans for the year. My formal review would be at the end of June where all my reports on upselling, log in times, customer service skills etc. etc. will be evaluated. I'm learning new programs and other parts of the business everyday and even though its a lot to take it, the environment and the staff are quite nice though quite odd.

Throughout this one on one i advised my team leader that i'm only a temp on a 6 month contract that ends at the end of april. Her face dropped. She didn't know this. She had just told me all this stuff about the upcoming months, the changes in the business and all this future stuff only to find out i may not be there in 3 months time. The decision is out of her hands and it's up to the business to see wether my costs and my actual time there fit the demands of the company at that time. As much as i would like to stay there until the time to travel again is right, the fate is out of my hands.

So what happens on the 30th of April? Well i either stay or go. I can't get frustrated about that because it's one more thing i don't want to stress over. I spent today watching the final of the official warm up tournament for the Australian Open Tennis. For 75% of the readers here this paragraph here can be skipped over as your interest in sport is non existant. I went with Stav and we visited the former home of the Australian Open at Kooyong. It's awonderful old stadium in Melbourne that just oozes history. A cloudless blue sky and an entrtaining match between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick kept the sell out crowd pleased as Melbourne moves into tennis overload for the next two weeks.

Tonight i was at home to witness the untimely death of our table tennis table. Dad and I were putting it back up when one of the brackets connecting the legs to the table snapped which forced the table past its usual point and the hinge on the table snapped off. Ah well..rather than tennis its been two thirds of a bottle of red and some Crowded House playing on the computer. I love Crowded House's music and i'm in a very sombre mood right now. Life these days is just about getting through the days and trying to find the best in everything. It's hard even for me but i just have to keep moving forward.

No comments: