Sunday, January 28, 2007

Backyard Bliss

Whilst millions of people around the world were getting ready for another Saturday night out on the town i was by myself in the local car wash. In a scene from "28 Days Later" it seemed i was living in a post apocalyptic world where the only person who survived the radioactive fallout was myself. Gone were the sounds of cars being cleaned or water hitting metal out of high pressure hoses, it was just me and my car. It was an eerie scene last night as not only was the car wash empty but so was the main road that it faces on. No cars were coming past and it felt the world was in on a secret that i knew nothing about. Still i chose to have a quiet Saturday night as with the past two nights were pretty busy.

When i got home i decieded that i would turn the spa on and just relax. I have been pushing myself very hard at the gym and i'm seeing the results slowly but surely. Although i could have just jumped in and let the bubbles do the talking i decided that if i'm going to do this, i'm going to do this right. As the spa was warming up i got my ipod and speakers outside plus the half a bottle of red that my parents brought back home from the Chinese restaurant earlier in the night. I was going to spa in style. My legs were sore from the various exercises and walks i did throughout the day so as i got in, the water was just perfect. The first glass of red was poured and i settled into my position with a million stars looking down on me as if they were watching me on stage.

Artists from Louis Armstrong to Jeff Buckley to even Frank Stallone (yes that's Sylvester's brother) were slowly wafting out of the speakers as i just loved this damn spa. It's been three years since i went in it last and i didn't know what i was missing. The water was heating up and the wine was going down well. Elvis was singing about the "Impossible Dream" when i felt calm and relaxed, a feeling i haven't felt in a long time.

The stars shone brighter throughout the night and by the time i had finished the wine, the water was super hot, the bubbles were erupting underneath me and Ella Fitzgerald was somewhere under a rainbow. It was bliss.

No comments: