Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Big Brother is Watching Me

Just after 5:00pm i received a msg from Cassidy. I was walking towards the tram going home when i got the fright of my life. Earlier on the afternoon Cassidy's manager called her over. She only started on Monday and she was called over to her manager to look at my blog...that's right my blog.

The post below this one caused Cassidy's boss to pull her aside and explain what this is all about. With my last posting about the company (which will be known now as Company 'X') when i typed the name of the company Cass and I work for..it sent a little msg through Google to someone at company headquarters. It seems the company has software that detects any mention of the company name from all over the internet. With Cass freaked out and embarrased on the phone, i just couldn't beleive that Company X would have that much power to find every mention of the company on the whole entire internet!

My little page is only read by 4 or 5 people on the entire planet yet it caused enough concern (probably because i posted a pic for all the lovely readers out there showing how far away we are from each other and this) for someone at HQ to mention it to Cassidy. I seriously was shocked. Imagine if i wrote something really bad about the company on here and that would have been picked up by the Google program as well. This blog..my blog my little online journal about what is going on in my life and my employer gets a notice and reads what i wrote about Cass and her little response as well..it makes us look like a couple of fools.

With Melbourne being affected yesterday by mass power blackouts, i couldn't get online and delete the post but i spoke to Cassidy later and she said just leave it. I mean it won't get me a warning but it just brought home the fact that Big Brother really is out there, even in the most remote of blogs.

No comments: