Thursday, March 01, 2007

I promise...actually i can't promise.

When my time comes to an end on this fragile planet whenever that may be, i'm sure i wouldn't have caused great waves of sorrow or reasons to write long articles about the importance of my life. I'm a pretty easy going person, in fact i say to people that i'm so easy going i'm one step up from a coma patient.

Yet as i sit here tonight drinking red wine and listening to the end of the Belinda Carlisle CD with my third glass of red i find myself just thinking about myself. This is who i am, i love Belinda and this new album. Sure my musical taste and knowledge can be outweighed by someone like RainMan but tonight has been very easy going. This album is for me and me alone, no one will appreciate it as much as i do. Somehow the gorgeous Belinda makes it work and i'm a sucker for it, just like i'm a sucker for a new Bond film, a chicken parma, a few drinks with friends or women who make me laugh.

Sometimes in life you get caught up in the shitstorm around you that you forget to take time out for yourself and enjoy things that make you happy. Gulity pleasures you might say but listening tonight ot the rest of the album with a glass of red, i felt that for a brief moment i was in my own private universe.

As for the promise of never mentioning Belinda Carlisle on this blog ever again, i can't promise that though it will be a while before i mention her name again.

5 comments:

Joyfulone said...

Phew! What is she? Like 70 now? Well, whatever floats your boat, dude.

It's nice when you can be so happy just being yourself with yourself. I really think that's where true happiness comes from...

When we know who we truly are, we can better friends, lovers, spouses, parents, kids, whatever. It's a kind of honesty.

I think I've really got it now - it only took me 30 years. I'm very happy with who I am in the world. And I'm a better person for embracing the romantic, gossip-loving, boy-crazy optimist that I am!

You go!

Anonymous said...

you alone with belinda playing, soul searching, hands above the keyboard mark!

Anonymous said...

My baby’s always dancin’ and it wouldn’t be a bad thing
But I don’t get no lovin’ and that’s no lie
We spent the night in Frisco at every kinda disco
From that night I kissed our love goodbye

Don’t blame it on the sunshine
Don’t blame it on the moonlight
Don’t blame it on the good times
Blame it on the boogie

I just can’t, I just can’t
I just can’t control my feet
I just can’t, I just can’t (Yeah)
I just can’t (Woo) control my feet

Anonymous said...

You're funny. :)

I like how you say you can't promise never mentioning Belinda again (and why would you want to put a sock in it? It's part of your charm!) and so you seem to cram in 5 references to her in your one short blog entry.

Go you indeed. :)

tsotsa said...

hehehehehehehehe!
I wont comment about dear Belinda....afterall what do i know? I was pretty much in nappies when she was around! ;-)
I think spending time with yourself and getting to know yourself builds a strong base to your character.
keep it up :-P