Monday, November 13, 2006

Inter-office relationships

"Never dip you nib in the office ink" said Brigitte Jones's friend and from what i've come across today, someone hasn't been listening. Sure inter-office relationships have the potential to be great or a really big disaster. Which leads me to work. The past couple of days at work have been a bit frustrating as my phone system wasn't working properly. Its good for a while but i was really looking forward to sitting at my own desk and getting settled into my job. I sat at another desk friday and managed to do the job fine but still it's not the same as coming into work and sitting at your desk. I had to do a lot of fax data entry today as i waited for the tech guys to come and fix my phone. As the fax pile became lesser and lesser my frustration with the tech guys grew then finally about 3.30 this afternoon they rebooted, installed, tested and retested my computer and it was all operations go. I could finally sit at my desk and do my own work.

I had 25 mins before the end of my shift so i decided to wait till Tuesday to get the hang of everything when i saw on my computer telephone menu i had a message. Considering that no one had used the phone before me i wondered how is this possible? I clicked the message button only to hear a breathy guys voice saying to someone who i think is called Brigitte "I love you i love you i love you." Now last saturday night was the company ball so i'm thinking he was quite drunk when he called up so i had a little giggle and deleted the msg. There were three more along the same lines including one to Brigitte while they are both at work. I could hear her laughing in the back ground of one of his messages he left on her (which is now my) number.

So tomorrow morning i have to track down these two lovebirds because i've been here two weeks and it's my first inter office goss. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: