Monday, October 16, 2006

He ain't heavy..he's my brother.

Brotherly Love. Gotta love those trakkies!

I'll always giggle whin i hear the word "Camelot" from now on but more on that later.

Last saturday was my brothers 31st birthday. Now my brother is entrenched in his suburban life and i know he is enjoying ever second of it. It took him a while but he is at a place in his life where the world is becoming his oyster. He has a lovely fiancee`, a massive house that seems that could fit an entire Woodstock concert crowd inside, a job that he enjoys and is now presidentg of the local football club. I'm really happy for him as he has been frustrated for a long time (must run in the family) and all his hard work is starting to pay off. With that i made my way over to the suburb of Taylors Hill where the land is as flat as a pancake.

It was afternoon tea for my brother this year and my grand, aunties and thier kids came over and it was a great afternoon. These are the days where i missed my family laughing around the table having coffee and ckaes whilst the kids were destroying whatever playstation game they were subjecting themselves to. Chris' birthday was the first time i had seen my two little boy cousins, Adam and Hayden since i got back and boy had they grown up. They are 13 and 10 respectivly but they still are my little mates and before i knew it i was challeging Hayden to a game of NHL 06 on the Xbox. It turned into a 4-3 win to me but that's beside the point. It was great seeing these boys again and i promised that i would sleepover at their place on friday night and watch Hayden and Adam play basketball on Saturday morning.

The afternoon tea crowd made their way home and i decided to stick around with Chris and Narelle for dinner with a few of their mates. Well throughout the night due to various circumstances only one couple came over so i was at the start of the night a 5th wheel. I had met Feathers and Andy last year at the engagemet party but couldn't remember them from a bar of soap. With a name like "Feathers" i wasn't too sure what to expect but as the night wore on and the fish and chips were destryoed i came into my own. Sure the talk earlier in the night of wedding plans between the two couples made me want to slink out of the room and drive myself home but nope. i stuck around enough to get through that informative part of the evening.

After the fish and chippies Andy (actually i'll clear this up now. "Feathers" name is Glen and Andy is short for Andrea) pulled out a board game called "Scene It" which follows in the tradition of interactive games such as "Commercial Crazies" and "Nightmare"...maggot!!!
I teamed up with Narelle and somehow managed to win the game and i enjoyed it so much that i'll have to buy it myself in the near future to play with other people. Following "Scene It" came a round of "Pictionary" and i wanted to be an architect?...i can't draw!! So when it was my turn to try and draw "Camelot" it came out something like i didn't expect.

At first i tried to draw a castle but Feathers and Chris had no idea so i thought i might go for something a little more phonetic. So i drew a penis shooting a lot of 'spunk' which for some reason i thought one of the guys may say "Came -a-lot" aaa"Camelot!"
It backfired big time and got one of the biggest laughs i had ever seen. It was such a stupid way to try and draw Camelot but thats what i came (pardon the pun) up with. Afterwards we all watched "Mean Machine" whereby Chris could test out his new stereo system and it was working beautifully. It was a lovely day that turned into a fantastic night and i'm sure Chris had a great day as well.

Happy Birthday Bro.

1 comment:

A girl lost in the Universe said...

Mark-it took you a game of pictionary to realise you can't draw? Christ, I could have told you that based on you fine artistic achievements at Topkids