Thursday, October 05, 2006

Getting older...it's not all that bad.

The Peppers circa 1981. I had blonde hair!!

My family unit has been a pretty tight bunch. We've always had each other to talk to and rely upon each other in times of uncertainty. My parents unwaving suppport of me being away from home was a major plus for me in my time in Asia. The reason i'm talking about this is that the family dynamic of the Peppers has shifted dramatically.

My brother is now established in his life with the lovely Narelle and my parents were settling into the survey bracket known as "empty nesters" then due to the disaster of Taiwan here i am crashing like an Australian Dupree. The four Peppers were happy in the way their lives were going but now i would say three of us are happy as i'm slowly getting familiarity taking over my feelings of reverse culture shock.

Yesterday was the first day i didn't feel freaked out by being back at home. I spent 6 hours fixing up my poor excuse of a resume and now it has 40% more shite in it. It looks a lot more professional and i should have a job by the end of next week, i hope i do as i found out my 10 year high school reuniion is coming up. I finally have a set of wheels to get around town on..thats right on...not in. My brothers old mountain bike.

My brother on Monday night was elected president of the East Keilor Football Club. It was something that i thought would never happen. So when he called with the news i was shocked. I know he has the talent to do but the confidence part was the big minus in his corner but i think it will be fantasstic experience for him and a money saver on the club as we all hope he takes more time trying to get success off the field rather than getting injured on it. So i'm thinking that makes Narelle the First Lady of East Keilor.

Yesterday i went to the gym for a physical assessment. It was the first time since Honkers that i made my way gym side and the guy who assesed me...Vito kept talking about A-League soccer. Now i haven't been to a match since it started last year but from what i have heard it's a pretty amazing atmosphere. My assessment came back with my height being 174cm, my weight being 87 kilos (i'm guessing this time last year i was 78-80) and my body fat at 27. The range i should be in is 12-21 so Vito is going to design a program for me and i find out the details of it monday.

Still home is starting to feel like home again.


1 comment:

A girl lost in the Universe said...

no way!!! Sorry babe:(
So has Vito invited you to an A league match?