Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Kris Kringle Konfusion

No it's not the name of a new genre crossing soft rock band, it's actually what happened today at work.

Early last week everyone on the floor where i work (well techically we work at desks) was given a red envelope which included the name of the person they were Kris Kringle to. Luckily i got the name of the guy sitting next to me so the task of finding a present for him wasn't too hard. His name is Sean and he's a top bloke who has a dry sence of humour so on the weekend i made my way to the local DVD store to pick up a copy of a comedy golf DVD for 15 dollars. As 15 bucks was the limit i thought i had picked up a pretty good present.

Today, Santa came to work and looked exactly like one of the other team leaders whose name i don't know nor even want to get to know. She handed out the presents for each team and mine was passed over. I wasn't sure why. I thought because i had forgotten to stick the official name tag on the gift but as the day went on i kept looking at my gift to see wether or not Sean will actually get it.

Later this evening when most of the office had left for the night (i was on the late shift) i ventured over to the tree only to see that my gift was going to someone in my team called Ryan! I have no idea who he is and due to an admin stuff-up my gift for Sean is now not going to mean anything to this guy Ryan.

The perils of office life.

No comments: