Saturday, December 23, 2006

I left my life in Sabs Bag....i didn't miss it at all.

The past 5 days i have had a a weight lifted off my shoulders and no it's not my own weight, that happens after Christmas.

Last Sunday at Olympic Park where Sab and I were watching the soccer i put my mobile phone in Sabs bag for the duration of the match as my pockets were full. Well so were my hands thanks to the disgusting Lamb Souvlaki but that's another story. It was only when i got home that i had realised that i had left it in Sabs bag and considering that i was working 12:30 to 9pm all week i wouldn't get the chance to drive up to Sabs house to pickup the phone. It's amazing how attached i am to my phone. Though i don't have the social network of a Hollywood celebrity i would still look every 30 mins at my phone to see if anyone had messaged me yet this week i grew not to need my mobile phone. I used it all the time to pay golf on the bus from Tin Shui Wai into Central and even though my phone has a camera (which has about 10 pictures from my time in Hong Kong on it at that's all) and Bluetooth i barely used it yet i couldn't live without it.


I use it as my alarm clock but it seems that is all its good for. I felt 10 years old again. If someone wanted to contact me they had to call home and they couldn't get into contact with me. I was off the grid much in the same way as John Connor in Terminator 3 welll without some crazy broad trying to kill me. No one could know my location (unless someone was monitoring the CCTV camears of Melbourne) and i wasn't a slave to my phone. I woke up when i wanted to and after Tuesday i had no desire to use my phone ever again well when i say never again i mean i'm now not waiting with bated breath for a new msg to reinforce the view that someone out there is thinking of me and was nice enough to msg me on my phone. Technology has become such a part of my life that i'm beginning to realise that maybe i have too much technology around me. I sit at a computer at work all day then i come home and surf the web, update the blog or chat to people online at night. My iPod is my lifeblood and my digital camera has taken over my function of memory as a place to store images. I have too much technology in my life.

So when Sab came around with my phone i put it under my bed to charge and i haven't gone near it since.

It's only a phone...right?

1 comment:

A girl lost in the Universe said...

Listen, I don't want to be trying to call you to whinge or complain and not have you answer it so take that phone out from under your bed now young man or I'll give you a good seeing to next time I see you!!!

And KATE....
You simply can't give up the internet as it's our only way to talk:(