Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ahhh ya gotta love your family



The weekend that had just past played centre stage to me meeting my parents in Sngapore. The last time i saw my parents was last october but i didn't have any time to actually sit down with them and actually have a decent chat about life and other things.

For a couple of weeks leading up to the holiday i was a little nervous about meeting my mum and dad. Crazy i know seeing that they are my parents and they have known me since minus nine months old but this was the first time that i had seen them outside of well...East Keilor.

Friday morning i made my way to Hong Kong airport and was counting down the minutes till my flight when all of a sudden a lady from the Hong Kong Airport pulled me aside to participate in a survey. She started this survey about five minutes before my flight and i was so pissed that i ended up at the back of the queue to get onto the plane. Besides that the flight was very nice and before i knew it i was on my way into Singapore.

When i made my way into the Pheonix Hotel my dad greeted me with a great big hug but compared to the rib crusher mum gave me a few minutes later, thre was no contest. Mum was constantly hugging me and was 'just making sure' i was really here. The weekend saw myself participate in a few tours ranging from the fantastic Night Safari to having breakfast with the oragutangs at the Singapore Zoo. Then again it was like having brekky with the extended relatives.

Whilst in Singapore i left my camera at the backpacker hosteland i had to lag my ass across town to pick it up. I also took in Superman Returns which was pretty good i think. Sure it's no 'Superman IV - The Quest for Peace' but it was great to see the man of steel bound place back on the big screen. Though Honh Kong is an exciting city in its own way, Singapore is such a vibrant, green and easy to get around that it is the best city in Asia by far.

Yet the main highlight was spending quality time with Dana and Trevor. It was brilliant to sit down with mum and dad and just talk about anything and everything (well almost everything) Spending a Sunday morning sitting in an outdoor cafe with a severe thunderstorm pelting down around us and watching the World Cup final with my dad was just fantastic.

Thanks for having me guys and i can't wait to see you again in Feburary.

No comments: