Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You like me! You really really like me!!

I won an award!

I won an award for a video i made with my Upper Kindergarten Class which in all honesty was pathetic to say the least.

How this all came about was just before Chirstmas our supervisior Anna told Sab and I that our classes were entered into another competition. This time around the competition was based on a book that the class had to dramatise. The book was called "Oink Oink" and the story was based on a dirty pig who ran around the farm being chased by the frustrated famer and other animals. I had 9 boys to work with and these boys i can tell you aren't the best behaved bunch.

After practising for a few weeks we came to the day of the shoot. Well the day of the shoot was actually just under an hour and Anna in all honesty had no idea how to shoot. There was a little bit of dialouge (as i found out later, too little compared to Sab's Middle Level kids) I wanted to have the camera closer to the kids as you could hear them better but she filmed them from the other side of the room so two weekeds ago, Sab and I had to edit our films and hand them in Monday.

I thought great, i can jump on iMovie and get some special effects, subtitles and music together and make a fun little film. That didn't work out as it took 6 hours to move about 30 minutes of film from the camera to the computer so i bit the bullet and jumped on Sabs laptop. Her program is totally different to mine so it took a while to get the feel right which caused Sab to huff and puff a little watching me take my time.

So eventually i did a piss take on Star Wars called "Farm Wars" and it turned out as best as i could get it. The footage of the kids was terrible. They were too quiet, too loud, laughing too much or talking in the background. So i cobbled together a film and was happy to see the back of it.

Late last week Anna told Sab and I that Sabrinas Class had won through to the Final Four and they will have to perform on stage in mid March and i have to go and pick up an award for my crappy film as well.

What dissapointed me the most was that the best movie of the three from my Lower Kindergarten Class didn't get an award. I'll upload that film here in the next couple of days as it was far more deserving of an award.

Keep you all posted on the awards celebration.

1 comment:

A girl lost in the Universe said...

Yes, Mark, your movie was 'disgraceful' as our little Zachary would say. Though my babies made it through to the final 4, am disappointed that their movie didn't make it. I mean how could they deny a soundtrack consisting of 'whats new pussycat' 'Cool for cats' 'Rockabye bear' by the wiggles and the Superman theme. Disgrceful